Fishtail Braid

One of my favourite hairstyles is the fishtail braid. I've always admired people with long hair who have fishtails braids I think they look so much more detailed than the regular plait. So when finally my hair was long enough I was so happy! Although this isn't exactly a tutorial I thought I could post photos of ways I style them. (if you want to see a good tutorial click here for one) TIP:The smaller the strands you take from each side the more detailed it will be and probably tighter. If you want a messier looking braid I would make sure they're thicker sections.

1. The Simple Fishtail
This is one basic fishtail down the back. At first when I started doing fishtails I couldn't manage to do them this way as I couldn't see what I was doing or hold it in place. Only yesterday did I try and do it and realise I could! If you can't manage this way then the other way to do it is gather the hair to one side by one ear and bring it down the front. (Like in the tutorial video linked above).

2. Two small braids
This is really cute and I think would look great with curls/wavy/beach hair (as you can see in the below picture - I personally think it doesn't look so good with my hair straight) When doing these two separate ones then tie them at the back - make sure to angle them in the direction you'll be putting them.



3. One Small Braid
This one is quite time consuming as (particularly with my long hair) takes a while to reach the end! If you don't want to tie it up in any way this is great just to add a little something more interesting to your everyday hairstyle.

4. Half Up Fishtail
This one has got to be my favourite! I attempted this thinking it wouldn't work but it did and I love it! This is a good one to get hair out of your face, and again if you don't like tying your hair up. Perfect for summer days!

Hope you liked this post, (I know it's been a while since I last posted). Please leave a comment or let me know of any other styles I could try!


Share:

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think!