Beeswax Wraps - Ditch The Cling Film


I am becoming more conscious of my use of plastics, so I have started to use a replacement to cling film and tin foil, which is these wonderful Beeswax wraps. I purchased my beeswax wraps from www.beeswaxwraps.co.uk. They are made of 100% cotton, pine resin, jojoba oil and beeswax. *Update* I have since been informed that these wraps can also be purchased locally in Guernsey from Damian Harris at the St Martin's Farmers Market on Saturday mornings. 

The wraps can be used as an alternative to cling film to wrap sandwiches, bread, make pouches for fruit, snacks or cover bowls and many more things. They can be made in all different sizes and colours - a really fun way to take the step to reduce the use of plastics and brighten up your kitchen and packed lunches.

Beeswax wraps are natural and keep food fresh and helping to reduce disposable plastics - they're even biodegradable too!

You can't use them to cover food in the microwave or heat them except when they need to be refreshed in the oven once worn, to make them good as new.

Here's how to use them in the easiest way possible, to cover a bowl of food. This is where I'm guilty of just grabbing some of the enemy (that is cling film!) and putting left overs in the fridge. Instead, place a wrap over the bowl and with the warmth of your hands hold the wrap in place - it really is that easy! All you need to do to clean the wrap is wash with cold soapy water and let dry.






If you want to get some of these wraps then visit www.beeswaxwraps.co.uk or other similar websites - or make some for yourself with some cool patterned cottons! I'm looking forward to using them and making pouches and other cool things to store food, which I'll share on here too.

Share:

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think!