Clean Face, Clean Conscience


Along with cutting down on cling film, plastic and waste in general, I am trying to reduce my cosmetic waste, especially face wipes to remove make up. My friend Steph, (www.stephslittleworld.com), introduced me to Erase Your Face cloths. There's something about these amazingly soft cloths that works even better than a regular flannel and are extra gentle and kind to your skin. They are made from 100% polyester.

Having always used either a cotton pad with Micellar water, eye makeup remover or a face wipe, switching to just warm water and a reusable cloth is a big change and one I regret not doing sooner. If you wear mascara everyday like me, don't worry this does remove it and yes, it even removes waterproof mascara too!

To use:
1) run a cloth under warm water
2) wipe face until all makeup is removed
3) rinse cloth under water, drain excess and hang to dry

(To clean the cloths you can just pop them in the washing machine.)

My mind set is completely different now, the amount of waste I must have created from face wipes alone is something I don't like to dwell on anymore, instead I will think about this positive change.

The Danielle Creations Erase Your Face cloths each arrived in a little plastic pouch which I am disappointed in, especially as I'm reducing my plastic use - but they won't be going in the bin as I will find ways to use them, whether it be for storing hair ties or bags for taking things on holiday.

Will you stop using face wipes too?

Click here to purchase Erase Your Face cloths through Amazon.

 

Share:

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think!