Cupcakes

Once again another cake post! I made plain cupcakes and decorated them using fudge - I bought the fudge pieces in Waitrose and it inspired me to make some yummy cakes and do something else on the topping! As I'm kinda boring I suppose I just went with the normal sponge recipe (which you can  use any usual cupcake ingredients) and then tried to make the topping interesting!

So I made the butter icing using unsalted butter and lots of icing sugar and then added in caramel! I added this gradually as I wasn't so sure what quantity, so tasted as I went (best bit) and added some vanilla extract. Once I had the consistency and taste that I was happy with I used a knife to smooth over the icing on the top of the cupcakes. I then did some using a piping bag and nozzle. Next I carefully added the fudge pieces on top, put some additional caramel into a piping bottle and drizzled this on top to make them even more scrummy!

This is a lot shorter than my other recipe posts but hopefully just as good for you to see and enjoy the pics! So easy and quick to make too!


 




Share:

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think!