Easy Hairstyles

I've never really had very long hair except when I was perhaps 10 I remember it being significantly longer. In 2012 I went for the short haircut! I absolutely loved it and then got it cut even shorter and even though I couldn't do anything with it, it was still a great style. Although slightly annoying when short bits would flick out the wrong way. I then decided I'd had enough not being able to do things with it and seeing friends and other people's awesome hairstyles and thinking I wish I could have my hair like that, particularly seeing fishtail braids and not having the right hair to do it!! So after that awkward length of hair being between shoulder length it's now finally a really good length to do various styles with.

I do plan on getting sponsorship and donating my hair to the Little Princess Trust which, as I'm sure you've heard of, accepts donations of hair at about 7/8inches in length to make wigs for boys and girls going through treatment and who have lost their hair. So the plan for now is to keep growing it so that it's even better when I donate it!

I'm naturally blonde but for the past 5 years I've been dying it at home or getting it done with one all over colour at the hair dressers with a chocolate brown shade and it's varied between being very very dark (practically black) and light brown. When I was a brunette everyone found it hard to believe that it wasn't my natural colour (mainly due to my darker eyebrows!). I decided as it's the summer and I've got a holiday coming up in September I'd like to go back to lighter hair. I recently had highlights (shoutout to my fabulous hairdresser and bestie Georgie) and I couldn't be happier with my hair now more than ever in the past!

So today I'm going to go through for you some hairstyles I'm currently loving and (sorry short haired girlie's) but the majority are only for long or medium length hair - although you could take parts of the styles and do them in your own way. Some you could do quickly in the mornings for school, college, work or a lazy day and want it out of the way or you can do them for a party/night time look.

Essentials: Hair ties, clear elastics, hair grips, a hairbrush and for the final touches a bit of hairspray - I use the Tresemme extra hold salon finish.


Simple bun


This is so easy to do and I've finally perfected the technique to do a quick bun in the morning for work! All you need to do is gather your hair as though you're about to tie it in a pony tail, twist it as you circle it around and using a hair tie, tie it in place. Then make it looser by pulling it apart and you can use hair grips to put certain pieces where you want. To make it more sleek, twist it tighter before tying in place. Each bun I've done has ended up differently, so don't worry if it takes a couple of attempts to get it how you like. You can also make it as messy as you like by continuing to pull strands to make them looser.

Bun with braids





This is more complex that your regular bun! Put your hair into a pony tail at the height you want your bun. As the plaits will come from the centre tilt your head so that the hair is all around the pony tail and do some little plaits and tie them with clear elastics. The way you put the bun in place could be done is quite difficult to explain... Take sections and roll them under into place and use grips. I only did 3 plaits on this occasion but you could add as many as you like and vary the sizes.

Here's one I did for my sister a while ago:

Half up half down bun

This is so easy and quick to do, it keeps hair out the way but it's really good if you want to keep your hair down too. Best of both worlds! Exactly the same as doing the bun in the first photo, just section the hair with the amount you want and then twist and tie with a hair tie. Again you can make it as messy as you like!

Headband up-do



I think that whilst this has got to be the easiest hairstyle, it also looks like you've spent quite a while doing it! Using a headband of your choice place over your head then tuck all of your hair into it and secure in place with hair grips! You could jazz it up a bit by doing plaits and tucking them in also! I wore my hair like this for my sisters wedding and prom - just choose a sparkly headband!

Pony Tail Fishtail


I've only recently tried this one! Tie hair into a high pony tail and from there do a fishtail. You can then pull apart the strands (as I am doing in the photo) to make it messy and also you can vary the size by using smaller strands. Tie with a clear elastic.

Fishtail Bun


From the fishtail ponytail I made it loose and then all you do is wrap it around and hold in place with grips! 

You can also find my previous blog post on fishtail braids by clicking here.

I understand that these aren't tutorials and you may be thinking how did she do that?! but I'm afraid I'm not at the point of making tutorial videos.. although that may be where this is headed? 

Let me know your favourite hairstyle!




Share:

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think!