Kos

After months of anticipation my friends and I went on holiday. We stayed at the Mitsis Blue Domes Resort in Kos, Greece. It's an all inclusive and as soon as we arrived we had been upgraded to a maisonette room! This was great news after a long flight, as we arrived late at night and the hotel was lit up in dark blue and orange - it looked amazing!

We couldn't believe the temperatures of 30° majority of the time which felt hotter than we thought it was going to be. A lot of the time was spent poolside or on the beach reading, listening to music, swimming as well as going to the pastry corner and snacking on freshly made pancakes with sugar and lemon and a variety of ice creams!

We went on a trip to Paradise Beach and arrived to huge palm trees and soft sand. There were different water sports and the one that intrigued us the most was the 'crazy sofa'. For those that don't know what this is unfortunately I don't have a photo of us on it (if you google you'll find it), I asked one of the guys running it to take a photo on my disposable camera so we're all relying on it that it develops ok! It was so much fun our stomachs were hurting from laughing so much!! It was a really enjoyable day! 

Within the resort as well as the main restaurant there were Italian, Greek, Asian and Mexican to choose from. We booked to go to the Mexican restaurant and it had incredible views right next to the beach.

 We had a day trip to the island of Nissyros! A coach took us to Kardamena where we got an hour long boat ride to the island, admiring the beautiful view and clear blue sea. We went on a little guided tour of the village, walking around tiny streets and then bought lunch and a few souvenirs with the spare time we had. Next we got a coach to the volcano crater (which I may add was slightly resembling a very extended Val de Terres bus ride!). Once we arrived we hopped off the coach and after an explanation of the volcano - resembling a geography lesson - we went for a wonder across and down into the very centre from where we were able to see the sulphur and crater surface. I have to say it was an amazing experience to be inside a volcano. We then went to a lovely little village located at the very top of the volcano and saw some spectacular views from a tiny restaurant.

 Two of my friends went parascending whilst my friend and I went on a jet ski which was so much fun speeding along the water and having a great time. We had lunch then I went back down to the beach to read my kindle and have a few more swims. Sadly our holiday was coming to an end so we dressed up for our last full evening. I wore a blue dress which I think enhanced my tan and I felt very Greek!

On our last day for breakfast I went all out and had porridge followed by bacon, french toast and potatoes finishing with greek yoghurt with apple compote and a pancake mmmm! (more than the usual Weetabix at home). I managed to fit two more swims in after lunch admiring the fish swimming around me. 

Heading home it was nice to do a quick bit of shopping in Gatwick airport where I bought myself the most amazing Cath Kidston laptop case! 

We were greeted by a few cats along the way 
• Paradise Beach 
• We had a little visitor at the beach cafe! 
• The view from the Mexican restaurant 
• One of my many colourful lunches 
 Nissyros Island -  Volcano 

 Enjoying a cup of tea outside our room ~ I was reading Wild: A Journey From Lost to Found by Cheryl Strayed  





Share:

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think!