My Niece's Hair

I spent some time visiting my sister, brother in law and my two nieces (as you might know if you read my previous blog post) and whilst staying with them decided to do my niece Georgia's hair for her.

One of her favourite ways to wear her hair is in an 'Elsa Plait' so though of different plaits she might like. I've been doing a lot of braids recently on my own hair and not yet done it on someone considerably smaller! Georgia's hair is quite thin and soft so I had no idea how these would turn out, or how well she would sit still but I think they look great!

Matching fishtail braids
People seem to think that these are so difficult to do but I promise you they really aren't! If you search on Youtube or Pinterest for a fishtail braid tutorial there's so many you'll learn in no time. Georgia's hair is getting really long now so she has enough hair to make a long plait.

One half up, half down dutch braid

Dutch braids are essentially backwards french plaits. When you add hair to the section you take in underneath rather than into it like a regular plait. It did take me a while to get the hang of it (mainly because I'm not so good at french plaits) but now I can do them just as easy as any other kind! I think having this half up half down style could be worn to parties, slightly smarter/formal occasions or you could even make it prettier by adding some little flower hair grips or something like that :)

Two Dutch Braids

Having two dutch plaits keeps hair out of the way more which makes it a perfect hairstyle for running around and her hair won't get windswept!

Now she's ready to go to the park!

These hairstyles are just as easy to do on a child's hair than my own and so I think there are so many more ways that you could do someones hair. 
Personally I love doing these hairstyles on anybody but when Georgia saw what the braids looked like she was so excited and I wish I was able to do her hair all the time!

Share:

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think!