Cornwall - March 2016

Admittedly I forgot to post my photos from our family trip to Cornwall at Easter this year and somehow (how I don't know?!) it's June already and I really wanted to document the holiday, so it's better late than never - who knows it might give you some inspiration of places to visit if you're going to Cornwall in the near future! 

We stayed in a cottage right by Coverack which was lovely to take a short walk down to the little village, beach and pub. 

I made some easter themed cakes with my plant pot cupcake cakes!


The Cornish Seal Sanctuary was a great day out for all of us no matter how old or young!


The day we chose to visit Lands End was quite possibly the worst in terms of the weather. Nearly being blown off the cliff edges and rain blowing so hard it felt like hail but it was worth the trip! I could imagine it looks even better in the summer when the sea probably looks more inviting!


We left Lands End and took a drive to the Geevor tin mine then afterwards the sunshine made an appearance and it made for a stunning scenic route down to St Ives.


We then stopped by St Ives for a hot drink and I was able to catch up on social media (yay wifi)! Oh and also eat a really delicious slice of cake too.




The next day was quite eventful to say the least. My mum and brother in law (Andy) set out on a very long cliff walk from Coverack to Lizard Point, but as the rain had made an appearance during the week there was a lot of mud about. My mum slipped and to break her fall (quite literally) she put her hands out which caught her wrist at a funny angle. Unfortunately her wrist was definitely not right as it had huge swelling instantly and she was unable to move it. We turned back, despite my mum insisting we carried on... being the brave soldier she is! Luckily we had only been gone for about 20 minutes so weren't far from the cottage. My sister (Laura) and mum went to the nearest hospital and myself, Andy, dad and my nieces went down to Coverack and spent the afternoon making daisy chains, playing on the beach and having a good time.


We booked a table at the Lifeboat house for dinner that evening and my mum and Laura made it back in time and we all enjoyed a delicious meal, followed by a cosy evening in front of the fireplace.


As the previous day didn't go as planned we set off to Lizard Point (this time by car). It was a really good day walking around by the sea, and some of us went on a tour of the Lighthouse which was spectacular to learn about and to go up to the top to see the panoramic view.


Home is never too far away, only 130 miles!



Next we went to Roskilly's Farm and saw the Jersey and Guernsey bred cows being milked (again, always being reminded of home)! We all had ice creams and wondered about the farm in the sun.



I had been looking forward to The Eden Project as I've always wanted to go! It was really amazing, the biomes have so much inside and it's so much to take in! The flowers were incredible and I learnt so many new things (and admittedly forgot a lot since the trip!). I would definitely reccommend the Eden Project if you enjoy nature. It was a shame the weather wasn't as good on this day too!




As you can tell from some of the photos the weather during our trip wasn't great but that never stops us from getting our wellies on and trekking out in the rain. I had such a great time and it just shows you don't need to travel far to see something new and have quality family time.

 

Share:

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think!