Pink Hair, Braids and Space Buns!

I'm back with another hair themed post (my favourite kind!). Of course I've been scrolling through the amazing Pinterest boards of endless, and unachievable, hairstyles that I always dream of doing on my hair, and have found a couple that aren't actually too difficult. Having managed to drag my sister into this as my model (and guinea pig) I've taken a few snaps of the latest hairstyles I've tried - and I have also added in my new pink hair so keep scrolling!! 


Halo braid
This is trickier than a milkmaid braid, which is two plaits pinned up. The halo braid is a continuous plait, starting at the top just above the ear and as a dutch braid - taking each section of hair underneath each other in the opposite way to a french plait. It is important to hold the plait tight throughout because it tends to loop down at the base of the neck - remember it can always be loosened or made a bit messier at the end. If you have shorter layers and strands of hair fall out this would still look very pretty, you could even curl these pieces.





Backwards/upside down dutch braid & bun
This next one I have attempted on myself but as its done upside down, from neck up, AND a dutch braid my brain can't quite get the hang of it! There's no way of doing this (and the next hairstyle) without making the other person lie down/hang their head upside down... but it is easy to do. Start the dutch braid as you would normally from the base of the neck until the height of where you want the bun to be and tie it up. Wrap the hair into a bun however you like, I opted for a very neat ballerina style bun but if you're a messy bun pro then this would look really cool too.



Backwards/upside down dutch braid space buns
Having done one upside down dutch braid I thought that two would surely be just as easy - turns out it's harder than it looks. The main issue was getting the braids to continue high enough for the buns to be on top of my sisters head. On the first attempt I only braided half way up, and then tied it into a ponytail, but the best way for this hairstyle was to do the braids completely like two dutch braids just upside down and using all of the hair. Twist the plait into a bun and pin into place with hair grips. This is super fun and it'll definitely get easier with practice.




Half up fishtail
If you have mastered the fishtail plait then these next two hairstyles are sooo easy! You just need to section off around half of your hair and do the fishtail plait. It's quite time consuming on long hair but when you've practiced a lot then the less time it will take. 

I also have a blog post all about different fishtail plaits - (click here)



After having it in a fishtail I tried this way of making an ordinary plait more interesting. Instead of having three sections of hair, one section is the fishtail. I think this is quite effective and something I've not seen anyone wear before!


Dutch braids
My favourite hairstyle, and my new pink hair! Dutch braids are so easy to do and great to keep your hair out the way for sports or an alternative to tying it up. If you've mastered the french plait you'll be used to taking each section and adding into that, but as I mentioned before for dutch it's reversed -take them underneath each section. 




With the never ending Pinterest boards and hair inspiration, there's still lots of styles I'd like to try that will hopefully lead to more blog posts in future! For now though, I hope you like these styles as much as I do and try them yourselves!

Share:

0 comments

Please leave a comment, I'd love to know what you think!